The first step to get a good skin is cleaning it the right way. I start my routine with Neutrogena Naturals Acne Cream Cleanser (6.99$) or when I'm in Italy I use Herbalism from Lush which works even better for people with a normal to oily skin but who don't really have acne problems. I clean my face using Clarisonic Mia 2 (149$ when I bought it) which I think is the best way to pull all the dirt out of your pores. It's a big investment but I think it's worth the price
I continue my routine with my toner, I use either Tea Tree Water from Lush or I make myself an easy, effective, cheap version of the toner. What I do is mixing some water with one teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, one teaspoon of Lemon Juice and 7-8 drops of pure Tea Tree Essential Oil. Mix it all together, put it in my sprayer and I'm ready to go! I spray my toner on my face and I let it dry completely till I don't feel it anymore.
One of the crucial steps is using a good moisturizer. I generally use Enzymion from Lush (I swear I'm not sponsored ahah) or I use a natural cream with lots of aloe vera in. Aloe helps sooth rednesses and pimples in general! I love Equilibra Aloe Vera 40% moisturizing cream but I think it's only available here in Italy.
In the morning the moisturizing step is the lat one but at night time I usually use also a spot treatment for my acne. My all time favorite is the Clinique Anti-Blemishes Solution which is quite pricey so I suggest Neutrogena On-The-Spot treatment or Lush's Grease Lightning as cheaper alternatives.
Once or twice a week I use a mask on my face to purify it and nourish it if needed. I love Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque but it's really hard to find it in Europe so I make my own copy of it! To make the mask you'll need some green clay, some white clay (also known as Kaolin), some Honey (the more liquid the better) and a bit of water (1–2 drops). Basically you just have to mix 1 teaspoon of each clay, 1 teaspoon of honey and adjust the consistency with some water. It has to be quite thick but really easy to apply.
I use a scrub every 3 days. I love St.Ives Green Tea Scrub but when I can't get it I just mix some honey with some sugar! That's all for today, hope you guys have enjoyed this post! Send me any suggestion!





No comments:
Post a Comment